What’s his fancy? Whether your special someone is into smart gadgets, watches, cars, staying fit, jamming out, or simply all about you I’ve put together a fun Valentine’s Day list of suggestions for your guy’s passion.… Read More
… Read More
Just a couple of weeks away from the grand opening of the most challenging restaurant design of my life, the Brownstone Pancake Factory, in Edgewater, New Jersey will open its doors. This restaurant is a the 2nd Brownstone Diner a historic landmark
The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is the one of the largest media events in New York City. The shows are the initial launch of an international tour that introduces the latest style developments and provides brand exposure. Typically the shows predict the hot colors and trends for the upcoming season. Fashion week grabs the attention of millions allowing designers to make impressions and create opportunities and connect with the industry. Housing the leading designers and the next generation of budding talent from all over the globe.… Read More
As some of you may know the Javitz center recently held the NY NOW Market for Home & Lifestyle. The trade only event is held twice a year during January and August in NYC. Hosting the best lines in home, lifestyle and gift for over 2,800 companies.
This past show drew 35,000 guests from all over the globe and did not disappoint! Here are some of Vanessa’s favorite picks from the event!… Read More
Autumn is quickly approaching and now is the perfect time to start planning your “end of summer party”. Of course there is always the basic BBQ or pleasant pool party that are standard crowd pleasers. This season I wanted to share one of my favorite party themes; Outdoor Movie Night! Movie night is perfect for any age or group and super easy. Here are a few simple suggestions to help you plan:… Read More
Valentine’s Day is here and with all of the candy and chocolate lying around the office, I’m glad I was able to get my workout in this morning. Thanks to my healthy lifestyle and sensible eating habits I am able to have the occasional blunder or cheat meal.
Although I hate to call it a diet because it’s more like a lifestyle, I tend to eat loads of veggies (steamed, broiled, boiled, baked, raw) paired with lean proteins such as salmon, chicken, eggs, tuna, and the occasional steak. … Read More
Although we are in January, and the thermostat has not ventured far from 15 degrees fahrenheit here in New York City, it’s time to start thinking about the Spring Trends for 2014. In December Pantone announced that the Pantone color of the year is Radiant Orchid 18-3224. According to Leatrice Eiseman, executive director of the Pantone Color Institute® Radiant Orchid encourages expanded creativity and originality, which is increasingly valued in today’s society.”
“An enchanting harmony of fuchsia, purple and pink undertones, Radiant Orchid inspires confidence and emanates great joy, love and health.… Read More
The quickest and usually the most inexpensive way to transform a room is with wallpaper. With many new styles, different textures and patterns to choose from, this once-dated décor trend has been resurrected and is totally in vogue.
Wallpaper can instantly create a mood by introducing a dominant color to a space, it also produces complexity and detail. Often, in a tiny room installing wallpaper can be very appealing. For instance, the addition of detail in a powder room or small bedroom can deliver a unique kind of feel.… Read More
How much should you expect to pay for an Interior Designer?
When hiring a designer you need to think about a budget for the space you’re designing as well as a budget for the designer who will be executing your vision.
The rate associated with hiring a designer varies depending on whether you are looking to design your entire home or just a room.
One way, which designers may charge for their expertise, is by coming to an agreement with their client where the designer purchases all of the furnishings and accessories and sells them to their client at an additional percentage.… Read More
- TRUE & Vanessa Deleon’s Copper & Matte Black Talk of the Architectural Design Show 2017
- Wayfair Modern Kitchen Curtains: See what Vanessa & Other Designers Are Saying
- A Message from VDA
- Sherwin-Williams 2017 Color of the Year-Poised Taupe-Wellness Center goes Glamalistic
- What does Vanessa Deleon, Picnic by Design (DIFFA), Coco Chanel & Cuba Have in Common?
Subscribe by RSS
- TRUE & Vanessa Deleon’s Copper & Matte Black Talk of the Architectural Design Show 2017Let’s give them something to talk about, and we did. When copper meets matte black, the combination is a “TRUE” winner, inspired by a cool copper mug and a little black dress. My inspiration turned into a design reality creating a buzz. The TRUE booth display was the talk of Architectural Design Show 2017 and […]
- Wayfair Modern Kitchen Curtains: See what Vanessa & Other Designers Are Saying“Opting for a swag style valance in the kitchen can add a classic, yet modern look to any window regardless of size. Swag valances can be pleated, rolled, or tied depending on the look you want to achieve. A box pleated valance or shawl pleat can be ideal for pairing with a shade and adding […]
- A Message from VDAA Thanksgiving message from the home of VDA: From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to say “Thank You” for being a part of our lives. Life is beautiful, and that’s why we are so grateful that you have allowed us to be part of your dreams. I want to use Thanksgiving to […]
- Sherwin-Williams 2017 Color of the Year-Poised Taupe-Wellness Center goes GlamalisticWellness Center goes Glamalistic with Sherwin-Williams 2017 Color of the Year- Poised Taupe: Color Snap Transforming a venue into a wellness center can be challenging when choosing the right colors for a picture-perfect design. First of all, I think about what colors will make me feel good without compromising the rest of the décor. However, to help […]