When renovating, there are several things that you need to know before executing your design plans. The first thing you should consider is whether you have ideas that will showcase a home without losing your mind, money and valuable time. Many may ask “can I afford an interior designer?” My answer, you can’t afford to go without one. In the past, the wealthy and famous were the only ones that were able to hire the best designers.… Read More
The Architectural Digest Design Show now in its 15th year has proven again to be the best luxury design show on the East Coast. This year over 40,000 guests attended and over 420 brands representing furniture, appliances, art, accessories, kitchen, bath, lighting, and building projects for the most discerning customers.
This show offers design seminars, culinary demos, and special guest appearances from experts offering all kinds of ideas geared to the design trade, opened to both the trade and the general public.… Read More
This year I am honored to be an important and influential component to one of the greatest decorating events in New York, The Architectural Digest Design Show. Where I will be running as the moderator on “How to Reboot your Home.” Also, look out for my Tweets, Instagram takeover and AD Blog Sponsorship as I send out my favorite picks. This event is perfect timing since my hubby and I are building another home.… Read More
VANDAL– Chris Santos, chef/owner, has teamed up with Rich Wolf of the TAO and LAVO group bringing their synergies to the newest creation Vandal restaurant. By far this is the hottest spot on the Lower East Side. This fabulous 12,000 square feet restaurant is a hodgepodge of yummy street foods found throughout different cultures. There are two levels, which include the private dining room, cellar bar/lounge, secret garden dining section, and a hidden subterranean lounge area.… Read More
Chelsea, NYC- situated on the West Side of Manhattan along the Hudson River has become the hottest neighborhood in the Metropolitan area. Chelsea is the home to over 150 art galleries, theaters, numerous restaurants, nightspots and Vanessa Deleon Associates Design firm.
Nestled in the heart of all this development is the High Line, another addition that beautifies this area when in September 2014 the Rail Yards Park opened to the public.… Read More
The holidays bring out the most creative side in many, especially when thinking of hosting the most fabulous of family and friends. It all starts with creating an unforgettable table settings that will be a part of those memories.
Every year you will collect the most beautiful photos of family, friends and your unforgettable tablescapes. Making each holiday a work of art and enjoying every minute with these simple tips.
The elegance and allure of using gold, silver, black and glass are rich and luxurious on any table.… Read More
Gifts that make you go wow don’t have to come in smaller packages. Therefore, I have selected a few bigger items of my favorite things for this holiday season. These have inspired me through a year full of bold and beautiful designs.
THERE ARE MANY THINGS I’M THANKFUL FOR ESPECIALLY AROUND THIS TIME OF THE YEAR. I’M THANKFUL FOR THE BEAUTIFUL WEATHER IN NOVEMBER IN NEW YORK, AS I’M THRUST INTO A WEEK PACKED WITH DESIGNS, MEETINGS, DEADLINES, FILMING, AND TRAVEL.
HOWEVER, NOVEMBER GREETS ME WITH AN INNER YEARNING FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS AND HOW I AM SO GRATEFUL TO HAVE THEM. THEREFORE, I WOULD LIKE TO SHARE THE THINGS THAT INSPIRE ME AROUND THIS BUSY TIME, SUCH AS THE BRIGHT TABLESCAPE SETTING; WITH SOFT COLORS OF GRAY, BEIGE, GOLD AND WHITE.… Read More
AT THE PORCELANOSA EVENT, SPANIARD BULL FIGHTERS, FLAMENCO DANCERS, and SHARING THIS EVENT WITH SARAH JESSICA PARKER….
The leading Spanish Manufacturer of luxury tile and ceramic is opening their U.S. headquarters at the Commodore Criterion building in New York City. On Thursday, September 9th, 2015, I was among 700 guests worldwide invited to this spectacular event, held at Madison Square Park, for their Fall Fundraising Gala on the Park grounds. The formal seated seven-course dinner was fabulous!… Read More
Planning a bridal shower is a lot of work, especially when your time is extremely precious and you know that you want to make this special event unforgettable. If you’re not the friend of the bride, you are probably related, this year I’m privileged to be the maid-of-honor in my sister’s wedding. Since we both love the classics, I decided to incorporate a DIY Tiffany-inspired theme bridal shower that I would like to share.… Read More
- Millennials- Happy Work Space, Happy Life
- Love for Design: Berkeley College & Beyond
- READY, SET… MARK YOUR CALENDARS! DIFFA 2017 PICNIC BY DESIGN!
- TRUE & Vanessa Deleon’s Copper & Matte Black Talk of the Architectural Design Show 2017
- Wayfair Modern Kitchen Curtains: See what Vanessa & Other Designers Are Saying
Subscribe by RSS
- Love for Design: Berkeley College & BeyondLove for Design: Berkeley College & Beyond One of the reasons I fell in love with my career in interior design was the education I received from Berkeley College. There, I learned to balance and hone in on the sensory aspects of elements, such as lighting, patterns, and colors. An eye for color or […]
- READY, SET… MARK YOUR CALENDARS! DIFFA 2017 PICNIC BY DESIGN!Come join us for DIFFA’S 6th Annual Picnic By Design-As some of the most talented designers, manufacturers and artist show off some of their most unique and creative work. Help support the fight against HIV/AIDS by bidding on your favorite creations. Join me for a fabulous evening of mouth watering picnic treats, drinks, and most […]
- TRUE & Vanessa Deleon’s Copper & Matte Black Talk of the Architectural Design Show 2017Let’s give them something to talk about, and we did. When copper meets matte black, the combination is a “TRUE” winner, inspired by a cool copper mug and a little black dress. My inspiration turned into a design reality creating a buzz. The TRUE booth display was the talk of Architectural Design Show 2017 and […]
- Wayfair Modern Kitchen Curtains: See what Vanessa & Other Designers Are Saying“Opting for a swag style valance in the kitchen can add a classic, yet modern look to any window regardless of size. Swag valances can be pleated, rolled, or tied depending on the look you want to achieve. A box pleated valance or shawl pleat can be ideal for pairing with a shade and adding […]