Let’s give them something to talk about, and we did. When copper meets matte black, the combination is a “TRUE” winner, inspired by a cool copper mug and a little black dress. My inspiration turned into a design reality creating a buzz. The TRUE booth display was the talk of Architectural Design Show 2017 and what perfect timing as the official announcement of my partnering as “Brand Ambassador for TRUE.”
Wellness Center goes Glamalistic with Sherwin-Williams 2017 Color of the Year- Poised Taupe:
Transforming a venue into a wellness center can be challenging when choosing the right colors for a picture-perfect design. First of all, I think about what colors will make me feel good without compromising the rest of the décor. However, to help me with this I dig in my paintbrush, tap on my Sherwin-Williams Color Snap Visualizer app on my iPad and there it is, Sherwin-Williams 2017 Color of the Year-Poised Taupe!… Read More
Designing with Autism in Mind
When choosing colors for children, we automatically think of primary colors: red, yellow and blue. Although these colors are used in many classrooms and kid’s bedrooms, for the child on the spectrum, these colors can be sensory overload. There are many components to creating a safe and organic environment without compromising the design. Here are some tips!… Read More
On June 15th, Berkeley College hosted a Wine and Design event on their Paramus campus. It was an honor for me to be part of this event. Berkeley College, for me, is a place full of wonderful memories of the most amazing professors and administrator’s, who continue to create a welcoming environment. Stepping onto the campus where my design career began, was like going back home.… Read More
Making the outdoor design look like you’re indoor’s begins with the right combination of material, form, and function. If you’re tired of the old white plastic chairs and tables from grandma’s backyard and the sun umbrella unsteadily tilted in the insert of the picnic table, which during high-winds would catapult like a rocket in mid-air taking a dive into the neighbors pool, you can bet this was the outdoor furniture of the past. … Read More
When renovating, there are several things that you need to know before executing your design plans. The first thing you should consider is whether you have ideas that will showcase a home without losing your mind, money and valuable time. Many may ask “can I afford an interior designer?” My answer, you can’t afford to go without one. In the past, the wealthy and famous were the only ones that were able to hire the best designers.… Read More
The Architectural Digest Design Show now in its 15th year has proven again to be the best luxury design show on the East Coast. This year over 40,000 guests attended and over 420 brands representing furniture, appliances, art, accessories, kitchen, bath, lighting, and building projects for the most discerning customers.
This show offers design seminars, culinary demos, and special guest appearances from experts offering all kinds of ideas geared to the design trade, opened to both the trade and the general public.… Read More
This year I am honored to be an important and influential component to one of the greatest decorating events in New York, The Architectural Digest Design Show. Where I will be running as the moderator on “How to Reboot your Home.” Also, look out for my Tweets, Instagram takeover and AD Blog Sponsorship as I send out my favorite picks. This event is perfect timing since my hubby and I are building another home.… Read More
VANDAL– Chris Santos, chef/owner, has teamed up with Rich Wolf of the TAO and LAVO group bringing their synergies to the newest creation Vandal restaurant. By far this is the hottest spot on the Lower East Side. This fabulous 12,000 square feet restaurant is a hodgepodge of yummy street foods found throughout different cultures. There are two levels, which include the private dining room, cellar bar/lounge, secret garden dining section, and a hidden subterranean lounge area.… Read More
Chelsea, NYC- situated on the West Side of Manhattan along the Hudson River has become the hottest neighborhood in the Metropolitan area. Chelsea is the home to over 150 art galleries, theaters, numerous restaurants, nightspots and Vanessa Deleon Associates Design firm.
Nestled in the heart of all this development is the High Line, another addition that beautifies this area when in September 2014 the Rail Yards Park opened to the public.… Read More
- TRUE & Vanessa Deleon’s Copper & Matte Black Talk of the Architectural Design Show 2017
- Wayfair Modern Kitchen Curtains: See what Vanessa & Other Designers Are Saying
- A Message from VDA
- Sherwin-Williams 2017 Color of the Year-Poised Taupe-Wellness Center goes Glamalistic
- What does Vanessa Deleon, Picnic by Design (DIFFA), Coco Chanel & Cuba Have in Common?
Subscribe by RSS
- TRUE & Vanessa Deleon’s Copper & Matte Black Talk of the Architectural Design Show 2017Let’s give them something to talk about, and we did. When copper meets matte black, the combination is a “TRUE” winner, inspired by a cool copper mug and a little black dress. My inspiration turned into a design reality creating a buzz. The TRUE booth display was the talk of Architectural Design Show 2017 and […]
- Wayfair Modern Kitchen Curtains: See what Vanessa & Other Designers Are Saying“Opting for a swag style valance in the kitchen can add a classic, yet modern look to any window regardless of size. Swag valances can be pleated, rolled, or tied depending on the look you want to achieve. A box pleated valance or shawl pleat can be ideal for pairing with a shade and adding […]
- A Message from VDAA Thanksgiving message from the home of VDA: From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to say “Thank You” for being a part of our lives. Life is beautiful, and that’s why we are so grateful that you have allowed us to be part of your dreams. I want to use Thanksgiving to […]
- Sherwin-Williams 2017 Color of the Year-Poised Taupe-Wellness Center goes GlamalisticWellness Center goes Glamalistic with Sherwin-Williams 2017 Color of the Year- Poised Taupe: Color Snap Transforming a venue into a wellness center can be challenging when choosing the right colors for a picture-perfect design. First of all, I think about what colors will make me feel good without compromising the rest of the décor. However, to help […]