The Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week is the one of the largest media events in New York City. The shows are the initial launch of an international tour that introduces the latest style developments and provides brand exposure. Typically the shows predict the hot colors and trends for the upcoming season. Fashion week grabs the attention of millions allowing designers to make impressions and create opportunities and connect with the industry. Housing the leading designers and the next generation of budding talent from all over the globe.… Read More
As some of you may know the Javitz center recently held the NY NOW Market for Home & Lifestyle. The trade only event is held twice a year during January and August in NYC. Hosting the best lines in home, lifestyle and gift for over 2,800 companies.
This past show drew 35,000 guests from all over the globe and did not disappoint! Here are some of Vanessa’s favorite picks from the event!… Read More
Autumn is quickly approaching and now is the perfect time to start planning your “end of summer party”. Of course there is always the basic BBQ or pleasant pool party that are standard crowd pleasers. This season I wanted to share one of my favorite party themes; Outdoor Movie Night! Movie night is perfect for any age or group and super easy. Here are a few simple suggestions to help you plan:… Read More
Interior Designer Vanessa Deleon marries Bobby Bournias in a beautiful June wedding. After two and half years of dating the couple tied the knot in a Greek orthodox ceremony followed by a stunning reception at Cipriani’s on 42nd. Bobby is a restaurant owner and former attorney for Sullivan & Cromwell. Vanessa applied her designing talents to create a timeless black and white themed occasion. No detail too big or small as seen from the black and white M&M’s, “My Big Fat Greek Wine” favors, authentic Cuban hand rolled cigars, and even a Sweetery truck for the guests at end of the night.… Read More
Check out these designers used by some celebrities!
Madonna’s interior designer was a designer to many of the stars. He is well-known for residential, retail, hotels, wellness centers, and restaurant designs.
David Collins Studio is an Architectural based consultancy which over the past 28 years has redefined luxury interior design on a global scale.
unfortunately David passed away July 2013 to skin cancer
should you wish to, please make a donation to Macmillan to The David Collins Tribute Fund so that we are able to benefit those with cancer, via https://macmillan.tributefunds.com/DavidCollins
Jeff Andrews creates sophisticated and livable interiors for families and celebrities alike.… Read More
Well this just automatically made me sing…..
“I’m a Barbie Girl in a Barbie World……..”
This house is insane! It is a 13 room mansion in Tiptree, Essex.
Each room has its own theme;
Hollywood Glam, bachelor pad, Quintessential Cowboy, and the “Granny room” (floral curtains and dressing table covered in 15 glit mirrors.
The outdoor garden has a fireplace, jacuzzi, heart-shaped stones and pink flamingos.
Looks like an interesting/fun experience!… Read More
Decorating your bedroom inspired by your favorite artist can be just as much fun decorating as it is to live in!
Be creative, find outfits of that certain artist that inspire you.
When it comes to Lady Gaga….there are no rules. You can never have too much or be too daring
Choose an over the top light fixture great companies to browse through are Nuevo & Lightology
Dont be afraid to mix and match items.… Read More
1) Ice Hotel-Sweden
Talk about a cold experience…. You sleep in a thermal sleeping bag on a bed built by ice blocks. Surrounded by art work made of ice and snow, by artists from all over the world.
In ICEHOTEL it never gets colder than –5 to -8ºC, regardless of the fact that the outdoor temperature sometimes drops down to -30º. The entire building melts and gets reconstructed every year.
2) Jules Underwater Lodge, Key Largo Florida
The worlds first underwater hotel.… Read More
Dont jump on the first thing you see, make sure you do your research! Doing so can save you a pretty penny….
More expensive version:
Rug- Dwell Studio: $788.00
Chest/nighstand: Worlds Away: $937.50
Black pillow- ZGallerie: $130.00 each
Yellow Pillow: Z-Gallerie: $89.95 each
Lamp: Barbara Cosgrove: $669.00 each
Less Expensive Option:
Bed- Overstock: $711.99
Lamp-ORE Int.: $95.00
Black pillow- Amazon: $20 each
Yellow pillow-Bed Bath& Beyond:$14.99
Savings= $2,985.53….not bad 😉
Decorating a fire mantel can be a lot of fun! There is an infinite amount of things you can do to create that special focal point in the room. The design of a mantel can change from holiday to holiday or from season to season. There are great finds in stores such as Home Goods and Pier 1. Other great options like the ones shown below can be found online such as; Zgallerie, Global views, and made goods.… Read More
- Millennials- Happy Workspace Leads To A Happier Workplace!
- Love for Design: Berkeley College & Beyond
- READY, SET… MARK YOUR CALENDARS! DIFFA 2017 PICNIC BY DESIGN!
- TRUE & Vanessa Deleon’s Copper & Matte Black Talk of the Architectural Design Show 2017
- Wayfair Modern Kitchen Curtains: See what Vanessa & Other Designers Are Saying
Subscribe by RSS
- Millennials- Happy Workspace Leads To A Happier Workplace!RXR-Designed by VDA Millennials-Happy Work Space, Leads To A Happier Work Place- The millennial generation, born typically after 1980’s and before 2004, is the generation transforming the workspace into happier space. When it comes to the workplace Millennials are not risking their happiness for a work environment they don’t love. Instead, if they are […]
- Love for Design: Berkeley College & BeyondLove for Design: Berkeley College & Beyond One of the reasons I fell in love with my career in interior design was the education I received from Berkeley College. There, I learned to balance and hone in on the sensory aspects of elements, such as lighting, patterns, and colors. An eye for color or […]
- READY, SET… MARK YOUR CALENDARS! DIFFA 2017 PICNIC BY DESIGN!Come join us for DIFFA’S 6th Annual Picnic By Design-As some of the most talented designers, manufacturers and artist show off some of their most unique and creative work. Help support the fight against HIV/AIDS by bidding on your favorite creations. Join me for a fabulous evening of mouth watering picnic treats, drinks, and most […]
- TRUE & Vanessa Deleon’s Copper & Matte Black Talk of the Architectural Design Show 2017Let’s give them something to talk about, and we did. When copper meets matte black, the combination is a “TRUE” winner, inspired by a cool copper mug and a little black dress. My inspiration turned into a design reality creating a buzz. The TRUE booth display was the talk of Architectural Design Show 2017 and […]